
Flint lost a shoe, on his good foot at least. I made him wear his easy boot until the farrier appointment, which was only 3 days later. I found a really good farrier, too! I was worried about that. With Flint's special needs and the thought of someone messing up our horses' feet, it was really important for me to find the best one I could! I was so used to the great work our farrier in WI provided, how was I going to find someone to come close to that? Our new farrier came highly recommended and wasn't taking any new clients, he was over booked as it was. When I called him, he started turning me down and I said that I worked at the vet's office and he said "well, if you work for Dr. ----, I can do your horses". The rest is history, we have a new farrier! He did a really nice job, took his time and has great prices! Flint's back in business! :) And look, we have grass sprouts! The horses will have 2 more acres to crunch on this weekend! Our neighbor offered to open up his pasture to us! He doesn't have any animals on his land and needs some lawn mowers...I'll have those pics up after the horse's are set free over there :P

No comments:
Post a Comment