Wednesday, July 30, 2008

School Update!

Hey all!  I've been driving this big rig pictured here!  It's really fun to drive and I am learning alot!  I should be going for my license at the Port of Entry (weigh station) probably in two weeks.  I have 9 more drives to go before my licensing exam.   I'm having a great time in school and I have my fingers crossed I'll pass on my first try!  



Here's me in the truck at school before we left for the range.  The range is where we drive to practice....OFF the streets :)  So you are all still safe yet, I'm still at the range a few more days.
The school has 2 more trucks and I will be driving those too.  I will try to get those pics.  From what everyone tells me, this black truck is the best one.  It's a 9 speed and easier to shift than the other two.  The other two are both 10 speeds.  My instructors have given me an A+ on my drives so far.  I have done straight line backing, offset backing and 90 degree angle docking. I'm doing well, they tell me.  I still have lots more practice to do.  I will be tested on the 108 point pre-trip inspection (you are supposed to do before you drive your truck, everyday), the skills test (includes the 3 backing maneuvers I mentioned) and then finally the road test for my license exam for my CDL.  All with the tractor and trailer.  

No comments: