Monday, September 29, 2008

The Biggest Apple Pie Ever!

When I was in WI, Bud, Gail and I went to Ski-Hi apple orchard.  I brought home lots of apples for the horses and 2 big bags of apples to eat.  I decided I'd like to make a pie.  I looked around for a recipe...one that fitted the ingredients I already had and then realized - I DON'T HAVE A PIE PAN!!!  Well, that wasn't going to stop me!  I used a casserole dish instead!  So, here you can see my GIANT apple pie!  It actually turned out really well!  I even made the crust from scratch too!



I put a soda can next to the pie so you can see how tall the pie is....I had so many apples in this pie, I bet it weighed 2-3 pounds!


Of course, the pie being so big, it made getting the slices out kind of difficult.  But, it tasted great just the same!  Look at all the cinnamon covered apple slices in there!!!  YUMMY!!!

1 comment:

denverherbie said...

Yeah, that looks mighty fine... plenty of applely goodness! Seriously, I don't think you can ever make an apple pie that is "too big!" That's like saying my diamond ring is too big or I have too much money in my pockets (which, I suppose, if you were carrying around $20 in pennies, might be true, but I hardly think that happens all that often).