Thursday, December 11, 2008

Good News, Bad News....

The good news is my ankle seems to be fused and the screws are in place where they should be.
The bad news is I have a sprained ankle and had to leave AmeriGas.  

I have been having pain in bum ankle for the last 3-4 weeks.  I thought my ankle was just getting "used to" the hard work involved with delivering propane.  I saw an orthopedic doctor yesterday and the x-rays look good as far as the screws being in place from my last surgery 2 years ago and the bone looks to be fused together.  I did, however, manage to tear the ligaments on the outside of my ankle.  The doctor told me I can't do this type of work anymore or I will continue to cause damage to my ankle.  I can still drive truck, I just can't put this kind of physical strain on my ankle.  I had to leave my job because of this :(  I'm in a boot again to immobilize my ankle and I start physical therapy next week.  
I'm back to looking for a job :( :(   I think I will be behind a desk until my ankle heals up.

Thank goodness the screws are ok and I don't need surgery again!  I did get the best case scenario from the doctor, so I can't be too disappointed.  I was worried I really messed my ankle.  It's just unfortunate I have find a new job.  

1 comment:

denverherbie said...

Jess - what crappy news... especially after all the effort you put into getting the AmeriGas job. But that is great news that you don't have to get surgery again... that's a huge relief I imagine. But I must say, I can relate to the open toe cast in the middle of winter! Good times, huh? :)

Here's to extra good luck on the job hunt! And make sure you give Berndoggie (that would be Jason) a good, old-fashioned attaboy for me!