Monday, October 12, 2009

October, The *NEW* Winter!


It just kept snowing this weekend!  Started Wednesday night and finally stopped some time overnight last night.  I'm not sure how much we actually got or what the official totals are for Cheyenne, but our yard has over a foot of snow in it!  
This first pic is out our kitchen window on Saturday.  You can see how high it is just on the railing of the deck and it came half way up the side rails!   The horses mostly hid out in the barn.  It was really cold all weekend, in the teens mainly.  It got quite windy for a while too.  I will say though, it may have been 10-15 degrees outside and Jason and I thought it wasn't 'that bad'... compared to 10-15 degrees in WI  ;)


Here I am at 2 a.m. Saturday morning!  Why am I out in the snow at 2 a.m. in the morning??  The doorbell rang and woke us up out of a slumber at 1:22 a.m.  I went to the door and here stands a scrawny kid telling me "they had gotten their BMW stuck in the snow and he saw we had a truck and wanted to ask if we would pull them out?".  I looked over towards our neighbor George's and the main road, I can see his buddy trying to plow that BMW out of the ditch in George's front yard.  I told the kid to give us a few minutes and we'd be outside.
Jason and I got dressed, brushed off the truck, found a tie strap we hoped would work to tow this car out of the ditch and accumulating snow.  We drove over to them, hooked up the strap and towed them out.  Thank goodness it was an easy job!  I was worried, I didn't to ruin some stranger's car and more importantly my truck!  The kids said thanks and went on their way.  I doubt they were supposed to be out that late and we probably saved their hides from a chapping.  ;-P
We did our good deed.  
You can see the snow was already very deep at this time, early into the weekend! (this is in our front yard)

No comments: