Friday, November 13, 2009

Two Days, Two Rides


Tuesday, this week, I took Flint and all the dogs to Medicine Bow for a ride. This was Cheeto's first horseback riding trail adventure! I, unfortunately, forgot the camera!

I was hoping for the best and I had my best trail guides with me to help Cheeto with her first ride. I even brought a bag, slung over my shoulder, to carry her if I had to. I am very pleased to say that Cheeto did awesome! I put her bright pink harness on her fitted with a large jingle bell. The bell was going to help all of us, myself, Flint and Zeke & Vinnie, to keep track of her. It worked too! I think Flint was very happy to have the bell on little Cheeto, she wasn't able to sneak up on him accidently.

Cheeto did a great job staying out from under Flint's feet and she listened to me very well, while I sat up so high from her, on Flint's back. We rode about 2 hours and I came home with 4 well-behaved and tired critters!

SUCCESS! :)
It's official, Cheeto is a trail dog! She passed her 1st ride with flying colors! I never had to carry her. She could have out run anyone of us for the day, I do believe!

Then, on Wednesday, I took Black out for his first ride alone, since being here. I brought Zeke with me and left Vinnie & Cheeto at home. I hated leaving them behind, but I didn't want to overwhelm Black with the chaos of the all the 3 dogs and the jingle bell jingling all the way...
Black was great! He did so well! I am very proud of him! He is evolving into a great trail horse! We are so happy to have him here and he is so much fun!

The above picture I took on Wednesday. Those are Flint's footprints from Tuesday. I just noticed that I got Black's hoof, Zeke's feet and my foot in the pic too. Kinda neat, I think.




Here's a small video of Black and I on the trail, following trail-pro, Zeke.

No comments: