I hadn't made Moo-Lassos since before we moved here, so it's been 2 years those muffin pans have been in hiding! It took some work finding molasses in bulk! I had gone to a couple of places and found a feed store that could it for me in a 5 gallon bucket. I had to buy their bucket and it's refillable. I asked for only half the bucket to be filled, because what was I going to do with 5 gallons of molasses?? I didn't even use all of half the bucket I had gotten and still made, what seems like, a million muffins! The house smelled of molasses today, I should say reeked! When you use that much molasses and then bake it, it doesn't smell the greatest. Not at all like if you were baking molasses cookies and only used a little of it and the house would smell of sweet sugary cookies... no, this is quite the opposite! I am still burning candles and running around with Febreeze to defuse the stank :P BUT, the horses LOVE LOVE LOVE the muffins! So, it's all worth it!
I had the kitchen window open while I was baking. Flint smelled the baking goings on in the house. He was, no doubt, waiting for a muffin... or five ;)
I had the kitchen window open while I was baking. Flint smelled the baking goings on in the house. He was, no doubt, waiting for a muffin... or five ;)Here we are, kitchen table full of muffins. I have no idea how many I made today, I lost count! I had to start clearing the table because I had 7 more dozen yet to cool at the point of this picture! They are all packaged and ready to go now :) If you count them, add 7 dozen, and let me know how many I made :P


1 comment:
It looks like you were busy! I bet the horses will love their muffins.
I like your new family photo!
Miss you guys!
Love ya!
Post a Comment