Friday, April 23, 2010

Do We Need A Raft?

It's been raining in Cheyenne, almost continually, for 2 days. Our yard is a swamp and there are ponds forming everywhere! I went into Wal-Mart today. It was pouring rain, when I went into the store. I came out and hour later and there was over an inch of frozen, wet slush everywhere and it was still raining/sleeting/snowing!



I'm going to need a raft to feed the horses tonight! I am so glad we put a dump truck load of sand/dirt in and around the barn last year. You can see at the back of the barn the water is over the sand. The front entrance of the barn, for the horses, is the highest ground around the barn. I hope they are staying dry in there :) We might see them swimming out later! I am thankful for the sandy ground we have here. Once the sun comes out this will all be dried up in 2-3 days :) I do not miss the weeks of mud, never ending mud, in WI!


These 3 poor little faces are bummed they have to play inside, again. I think Cheeto will need a life jacket the next time I let her out to go potty! Maybe I should give her swimming lessons, in the tub, before we go outside again! ;)

No comments: