Last year I was extremely disappointed in the hay we bought. I was in search of a new hay supplier this year. I found one in Colorado. Yesterday, Jason and I went to meet this fellow and see his hay.
Wow, it was beautiful hay! So green, smelled so good! He has all the hay you can imagine. No weeds, no mold, irrigated and fertilized, and guaranteed! It's quite a drive from our house, about 70 miles.
The ground is a lot better for growing crops in Colorado, than it is here. We brought home 44 heavy bales of grass hay, in the back of the 'olChevy. The bumper was a dragg'n! But we made it and didn't lose a single bale along the way ;)
We have found our new hay guy! The horses were wanting to taste it as we were unloading. Which is surprising they had any interest in hay now that they are on grass! It's excellent hay! Horse tested and approved!
YAY for HAY!!! :D
Yes, we drove 70 miles like this :P


1 comment:
I can not believe you drove 70 miles with all that hay piled up! How slow did you have to go? I bet the horses will love it!
Post a Comment