Friday, July 16, 2010

The Duke Boys are Home!

Meet Bo & Luke Duke! Bo is in the blue collar and Luke is in the orange collar. They are twin brothers, born April 5th, 2010. This breed of goat is a LaMancha. They are a dairy breed. There mom is a milker and I was given a glass of goat's milk to try tonight. It was actually pretty good :)

These are just the first few pics. I didn't get home with them until 8pm and it was dark at 9. Right now I can hear them calling, LOUDLY, for their momma :( It's sad to hear and I am sure the neighbors aren't happy. But this is their first night away from the only place they have ever known. We will get their shed finished tomorrow. They have a bed of hay for tonight.





Luke Duke
One of the Hazzard Boyz




The horses are very curious about the newcomers. Black almost seems like he wants to father them. It's really cute. He is standing at their gate while they are calling out, right now. Not one snort or attempt to run away. Both Flint and Black don't seem to care. Of course, Flint always loved the goats in WI. I have no idea if Black has ever seen a goat before or not, but he is doing very well with their introduction.


No comments: