Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Just Like Being At A Cattle Ranch!

There are 10 oversized box stalls for horses. They are free to use! They really are an asset to have for camping. I was really happy we got to use them this trip! You can see how large the stalls are. There is lots of room for the horses.



Here is our campsite from the top of the mountain trail we took. I had to zoom in alot, so the pic is a little blurry. Still neat to see from high up :)



Ranchers graze cattle in this part of Medicine Bow National Forest, in the summer months. There were cattle all around us, almost all of the time. They even cut thru our campsite to get to the creek and water trough in the trees along side our camp. I'd say our horses are "cattle broke". The cattle looked at us, the horses looked at them, and that was that. No one got scared from either party ;)



Trail's side cattle.



This is the creek next to our campsite. Woke up to "mmmmoooooooo's" every morning and drinking cattle :D It was really cool!

No comments: