Jason and I have decided to continue with the treatments for Zeke.
This entire process has pulled on our hearts more than you may understand. We have come so far, with Zeke, to stop now. He's still in remission and we want to keep him that way as long we can. As long as Zeke enjoys life and feels good, he will have the chance to keep live it up!
I took Zeke for a re-check with the surgeon today, for his tail. The doctor took his stitches out. Zeke was so brave! He didn't wince or cry during the whole process! The doc said his tail his healing great and that Zeke is wonderful patient!
I am very happy that he is such a good patient, for having to be one.
So here we are, starting 2011, with continued chemotherapy treatments and a nubby tail. Zeke doesn't mind his new look and change in wag-less expression. He takes his chemo treatments in stride and we are making the best of it all.
Zeke continues to be an inspiration to me! We love you Zekie!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
On a lighter, exciting note, I booked my ticket to Okinawa! It's finally official! I am looking forward to seeing my sister and meeting my niece and nephew for the first time! I haven't seen my sister since September 2009. I feel fortunate to have enough time, being laid off of work for the season, to spend some much needed quality time with them!
"Look out Melissa - Here I come!!"

1 comment:
I am sorry to hear about the continuing care for Zeke but for his sake (and yours) better safe than sorry. And if treatments give him better quality of life than it is all worth it!
I am very excited to have you come visit and look forward to seeing you in just a few short weeks!!
Love ya!
Post a Comment