Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Try The Best Soup Ever!




My sister, Melissa, made this soup for me while I was with her in Okinawa. 
WOW, I loved it!
It's awesome!  I made this soup for Jason.
WOW, he loved it!
I made the soup for Jason's parents, Bud and Gail.
WOW, they loved it!
Gail took the recipe home with her and has since made copies and handed them out. 
This soup has become quite popular!
I know you will love it too!

This soup couldn't be easier to make.  It's light and fresh and soooo good!  

Here is the recipe:

Orzo Soup

¼ pound bulk Italian sausage
½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
½ cup sliced zucchini
¼ chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp olive oil
1-1/4 cups chicken broth
1 cup canned diced tomatoes, undrained
½ tsp dried basil
1/8 tsp pepper
3 tablespoons uncooked  orzo or small shell pasta
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley (I use dried parsley)

In a large sauce pan cook sausage, mushrooms, zucchini, onion, and garlic in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.  Add broth, tomatoes, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with parsley.

*This  recipe is for 2 servings.   You can adjust all ingredients to suit your taste and/or make a larger pot.  I use 2 cans of broth, a full pound of sausage and lots more veggies.  This is soup is very agreeable to changes with the ingredients. 


Thanks again Melissa!!!