Thursday, January 5, 2012

Mr. Dewey Berner


Meet Dewey!

He's our new chocolate chunk :)

Jason got surprised by a Christmas puppy!  I knew he and our family were ready for more chocolate in our lives.  We waited a long time and there has been a kind of void, something missing, since Zeke's passing.  Vinnie is at a good age yet to raise another puppy.  He did such a great job with Zeke, I knew he could do it again.  Cheeto pretty much has said "hell no" - but she's coping with the new 'normal' around here  ;)  (hahaha!)

Jason's parents and I planned for this puppy for 2 months.  Bud & Gail picked up little Dewey and took care of him for 3 weeks.  On Christmas Eve Jason was given his puppy.  I think he was pretty surprised and maybe somewhat shocked.  But this puppy just melts your heart and I think Jason has fallen under his spell :)

This puppy is so dang smart!  I don't ever remember having a puppy/dog this smart.  He's 3 months old and he fetches, sits (Jason taught him in one evening!), walks on a leash, is picking up on his name, goes in his kennel w/o a fuss, when I say "no bark" he stops barking/whining... the list goes on.  I just can't believe we've had him a week and he almost immediately picks up on what you are teaching him.  It's only been 3 days in our house with potty training and he's already getting pretty good.  We had 6 accidents the 1st day, 2 the second day and only one today.  He needs to be enrolled in kindergarten soon and I think he'll be graduating college before he turns 6 months :P

We have BIG FUN plans for the little guy.  I know he will bring back what we needed in our house.

Welcome home Dewey!











1 comment:

Kya, Evan & Blu said...

He is soo cute!! I look forward to watching him grow!