I took Flint and the dogs 3miles down the road to the Trust Land. There are steers grazing on the land now and Flint was none to happy about it! :P He was ok with them being far away, but when we got close he didn't want to have anything to do with them. Most of them just stared at us, I guess that made him uncomfortable. There were about 200 young steers, with horns, in the pasture. Flint is used to Holsteins, on the "other" side of the fence! Being face to face was just alot to handle. So, you know what that means... more trips to the Trust Land to get used to cattle! Zeke went right up to a steer and the steer stepped towards him, I didn't get a pic cuz Flint was spinning around to run the other way. I had to call Zeke back - who knows if that steer would have gone after Zeke or not. I didn't get too many great pics with having to handle my upset horse :P
See, they don't care about us... tell that to Flint!




3 comments:
Poor Flint, you need to tell him know that he is living in cattle country he needs to get along with his neighbors he he . Good boy Zeke but be careful those youngens can be unpredictable.
These are the roping and wrestling steers for Frontier Days. They use this trust land close to town to keep them on before and during the rodeo. So besides being in the CFD program, Flint is also out herding cattle for CFD as well. :)
Thats cool Jess, hope you feel better.
Post a Comment