Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Can I Go Home Now?

Lacy and her droopy lip ;)  
She only took about 3 minutes to wake up after being given the reversal drug to the sedation.  I asked the doctor about the reversal drug and he said they have it specially formulated for horses, because it is a small animal drug.  The have to special order it also.  It's is great they reverse the sedation or we'd be standing around for an hour waiting for the horse to wake up enough to stand in the trailer. 
Lacy did GREAT!!  She will chew her food easier now :)  
I will also mention that the Dr. Gary said Lacy looks great!  Her coat is is nice and shiny and her body condition is really good!  I asked him about doing blood work to check her out, since she is older and in a new environment with new foods.  He said by looking at her with his 30+ years experience her blood work would come back normal.   She is really good condition! 
YEA Lacy!!!!  She is doing wonderful in Wyoming!  I owe her awesome health to the fantastic care she received from Sandy!  <<<>>>  Sandy your girl is doing great!!!  We love her alot!

No comments: