Saturday, April 4, 2009

Live Ice Sculptures!

Poor Lacy!  She is covered in ice and snow!  We knew the storm was coming and got her blankets on before it started.  So she is bone dry under the blankets (thank goodness!).  But the rest of her, you can see she is covered!  I think it looks kinda cool.  This doesn't seem to be bothering her at all!  She is warm and seems quite happy that I have been out 3 times to feed warm soup to her today :P  I don't think they have been out to get enough water today, so I fed lots of warm "soup" to Flint and Lacy.  Flint doesn't care for my soup recipe, but Lacy LOVES IT!!!  She slurps up every drop!  All I do is add alot of water to their feed.  They really have to drink most of the water to get to the mashy food at the bottom.  Hey, it gets water in them and Lacy likes it :)  I was able to towel off alot of this snow on her face.  Her blanket is covered too.  I am glad it's water proof!  They are both being brave and enjoy seeing me fill up the feeders with extra hay!



Here's view from outside the barn looking in.  See all the "carpet" in there now?  Lacy is as white as Flint!  She's a blue and white paint!  :P


Ok, Flint isn't so white today :P  He had rolled in the dirt yesterday, now his hair is all frozen too.  He, fortunately, hasn't been cold all day.  Like I said, it's pretty comfortable in the barn, despite the snow blowing in.  You just can't see the snow and ice on Flint as well.


Lacy has felt good enough to brave the wind and follow me out of the barn to beg cookies!  You know the goofy 'ol lady feels good if she is asking, uh em, demanding cookies!  :)  hehe!

(Sandy, I gave Lacy an extra hug from you today)

No comments: