Sunday, May 10, 2009

Knife River



I started working for a road construction company about a week and a half ago, Knife River.  Last week I drove this dump truck.   Jason snapped this pic as he was driving by on his way to work.  I get a belly dump assigned to me this week.  I will try to get pics of that truck soon.  I made a deal with another driver I work with to get a CB radio for my truck.  I guess i'm not a "real" trucker until I get my own radio :P  I love the guys I have been working with.  They are all retired over the road freight haulers and drive for Knife River during the summers.  They are all in their 70's.  It's funny listening to their stories and they have been helping me alot!  I am learning from the best, makes me a lucky new driver ;)  

3 comments:

suemcbride said...

So cool Jess I'm glad it is going good, keep on truckin' 10-4 good buddie ok i will stop now love and miss u drive safe.

suemcbride said...

So cool Jess I'm glad it is going good, keep on truckin' 10-4 good buddie ok i will stop now love and miss u drive safe.

Beth said...

You guys are rocking out there I love being able to keep up with you on your blog! Miss you guys