Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Monkies Back Together Again!



Me and my bestest girls, Karen and Sandy, at our favorite hang out, Monks.  Sharing good food, Mountain Dew and chatting the night away!

Sandy, on the right, is my friend who gave us our beloved Lacy.  Karen, in the middle, is my friend who gave us her horse, The Black.  We came back to WI to see my sister and brother-in-law before they left for Japan and we also made plans to pick up Black.  Bringing our new horse back with us has been planned for a couple of months now.  I was looking forward to having 3 horses and reuniting Lacy, Flint and Black.  These 3 horses boarded together before we moved out West.  Karen, Sandy and I met at a boarding stable we all boarded at.  It was our horses that brought us together.  Karen and Sandy are the most genuine and down right greatest people I have ever had the pleasure to call my friends.  And, they have both entrusted me with their horses.  Sadly, Lacy passed away before we could reunite the three of them again.  It just breaks my heart that Lacy isn't here, in our pasture, any more.  We will never forget her. She lives on in our hearts.

I am very happy that Black's arrival has finally come for Flint.  Flint was alone all week while we were away.  I am sure Flint was even more excited to have a new buddy after losing Lacy. 


No comments: