Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Home

After careful thought and consideration, I have decided to re-home the goat boyz. Both boys had learned to eat horse hair since birth at their previous home. They have eaten Flint and Black's manes and tails. Both horses are missing half their tails and chunks out of their manes and forelocks. Unfortunately, the horses love hanging around the goat pen waiting for the goats to start chewing.

I never had this problem with my past goats in WI. It was never even a thought a goat would do this. I can not have bald horses and the problems that would bring with it. I felt the only option was to find a different home.

I found a lady who has about 20 goats. She has all LaManchas and Alpines. She saw the boys and fell in love. (She does not have horses ;) She said she will teach the boys to pack when they get older. They will carry back packs and be taken hiking! This sounded perfect! She lives in CO, south of where we get our hay.

We had to get hay yesterday and brought the goats with us. We met Holly with her trailer at a half way point. We loaded the goats into her trailer and off they went. I feel confident that they will have a great life with her and this was the best thing I could do for them.

I decided I won't be getting any new goats, not any time soon anyway. I'm going to wait until we get our own place further out in the country with more room to roam.

I'm not entirely sad, but relieved. These goats were causing harm to the horses, so it was best.

Here's to Bo & Luke's new wonderful future!


No comments: