Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dewey Update


Dewey is doing fantastic!
He had a vet visit almost 2 weeks ago.  His doctor also has labs.  We feel fortunate to have a doctor who also loves the breed and knows their needs well :)  She said he looks great, she loves the food he's on. (Fromm Large Breed Puppy <--- Fromm plug here - I can't say enough of this AWESOME dog food!) She said she is looking forward to watching him grow up.
He goes back in for his rabies vaccination in a few weeks.  He weighed just over 21lbs at the vet visit.




This is Dewey in the kitchen, patiently waiting for whatever he might get by looking so cute!
Cheeto and Vinnie get their meds in the mornings before breakfast.  Dewey sits with them waiting for his "meds" too... Don't tell him he's only getting a placebo ;)  hahahaha!  He sits so nice and waits his turn.  I have to give him something for his good behavior!






Miss Cheeto is starting to accept Dewey.  She definitely makes him aware of her personal space when she is no mood to play or screw around with puppy antics!  As of last weekend she has started to play with him now.  You can see I caught the tail end of their 'race track game' on video in my previous posting.  Cheeto also runs circles around him outside.  Dewey is starting to understand that when Cheeto is playing and she growls at him that it's okay... she IS still playing.  He, for the most part, has learned she has two growls. Play and SERIOUS!  :-D
And you DO NOT mess with SERIOUS!!
hahahaha!

I do have to say that Dewey is the smartest puppy!  I just can't believe how fast he picks up on everything!  He asks to go outside when he has to potty.  He sleeps through the night, in his crate.  He doesn't chew on anything that doesn't belong to him.  He doesn't even chew his bed!  Which surprises me... You couldn't put a single thing in Zeke's  crate with him w/o it being completely destroyed immediately!  Dewey loves soft places!  He loves the blankets in his crate, the couch and the dog beds in the living room.  He waits his turn for meals and "meds".  He loves walks and stays close by when he is off leash.  He fetches and loves playing with his toys.  He also learned his name, almost right away too.  
Since the weather has been so nice, we've been able to take him to the mountains twice already for hikes.  Of course, I forgot the camera :(
That was really fun!  He picks up sticks and pine cones and carries them like he found some BIG prize in the woods!  hahaha!  he tries to show Vinnie and Cheeto and then turns his face as though he's expecting them to try to steal his 'gem'!  Too funny!  I can't wait until summer when we can take him swimming!  I bet he gets a kick out of that!!!

We have found ourselves some wonderful chocolate :)


No comments: