We went camping, just West of the house, at Medicine Bow National Forest.
This was Dewey's first camping trip! He did great!
The dogs just love being outside and hiking all day!
I think we put a small dent in Dewey's energy. He was as tired as I have ever seen him, but he was still ready for more! That dog doesn't tire easily!
Enjoy the pics!
The best tailgate breakfast, by Jason!
No campfires or charcoal grills allowed, because of the fire ban.
Propane stoves were ok.
Here are some hiking pictures.
I just love taking photos of Jason and the dogs on our hikes!
We found these huge pine trees!
You can see that one grew twisted.
Look at the trunk of the one Jason is next to.
The wind out here causes a lot of trees to grow sideways, twisted or grow limbs only on one side.
Neat to see, but hard to believe a tree can grow at all in these winds like that.
Trail break.
Happy Dogs!
Ok, this was a mess!
The dogs were extremely hot towards the second half of the hike.
I saw a cattle water tank (they graze cattle on forest lands).
Took the dogs over to it, only to find it was bone dry.
I saw this mud next to it and thought that would cool off the dogs.
It turned out to be really deep, thick, and awfully stinky mud.
Nice.
Vinnie got stuck. I had to pull him out.
It did the trick in cooling them off though. It was cool to the touch, on the dogs, even 20 minutes later!
They kept shaking off and Cheeto, Jason and I were splattered in mud. Stinky, cow pie smelling mud.
We took ourselves to Zeke's pond to swim and wash off! That felt great!
We were all hot and needed that!
This is as tired as I've ever seen Dewey. He wanted so badly to keep his eyes open.
Awwwwww!
I can't get over this little mutthouser!
Love her :)
Here's a tree growing sideways, out of a rock too!!
Cool!
Sunset in Medicine Bow

























No comments:
Post a Comment